So this was inspired by Apartment Therapy’s post ‘The Handmade Home: 15 Favourite Easy Decor Finds Under $25‘ but I decided to change it up a bit and increase the price range. I love what the author said about a personal home being made by the unique details (such as art pieces, one-of-a-kind vases etc.) that bring it to life and how these details are the “supporting cast to your furniture protagonists”. It makes sense when you think about it because the uniqueness and character of a space really does come from them. They are why rooms can have the exact same furniture for example, but still end up looking different.
It’s the beginning of a new year and there are many birthdays, weddings, house warming parties etc. coming up so this is perfect if you’re looking for inspiration on a budget. Of course, this is not strictly a gift guide and you might find something you want for yourself!
- Set of Three Perfume Bottles by Laura Ashley (£50/ sale: £35)
“This stunning set features three elegant perfume bottle designs set in gold tone frames. Perfect for transforming a plain wall into a focal feature.”
2. Alexander McQueen: Unseen by Robert Fairer (£48)
I love the idea of coffee table books as decor and started collecting them last year. This one is currently on my wishlist.
3. Small Feather Gold Trinket Dish by Kate Spade (£10)“Create a statement with our feather trinket dish boasting a luxurious gold-tone finish. Perfect for displaying your favourite knick-knacks.”
4. Etch Candleholder by Tom Dixon (£40)
These come in different colours as shown above & are perfect for candle lovers. One cool thing about them is the intricate shadows created when a candle is lit and I imagine the effect in the dark would look like some explosion of light.
4. Grace Avenue ring holder by Kate Spade (£42)
For you or your jewellery loving friends/ family. “With engraved grosgrain ribbon and bow, grace avenue adds the perfect touch to a playful finish.”
5. Round Deep Blue Belted Boxes by Zara Home (£17.99-19.99)
6. Silver Plated Box by Vera Wang (£50)
“Bolster the elegance of your collection with this silver-plated box. With its bow detail design, this is a beautiful addition to your home.”
“A beautiful addition to the table when entertaining guests, its gold-toned accents bringing a hint of luxury.”
9. Pink Round Metallic Basket by Zara Home (£11.99)
Seriously how pretty is this?
10. Artificial Peony Flowers in Vase by Laura Ashley Flowers bring a bright pop of colour to any space and this is great because it’s not only beautiful but also artificial so there’s no need to stress about watering it and fearing it would die. (rip my cactus)
11. Copper Half Clock by David Weatherhead (£49)This is the coolest looking clock ever. I absolutely love the satin lacquer finish and how minimalistic it is.
12. Nigella Mango Square Velvet Cushion by Laura Ashley (£50/ sale: £35)
“Add colour and luxurious texture with our stunning velvet cushion in a bright shade of mango.” I love this because the colour is so lovely and will definitely brighten up the room.
13. Metallic Decorative Tray with Mirror Base by Zara Home (£29.99)
Perfect for the dressing table to display make-up, jewellery etc or as a living room centrepiece.
Disclaimer: Images posted are not mine unless stated otherwise.